Thursday, October 28, 2010

Unfinished Projects.....


Sweater I would love to finish.

I have a habit of starting projects and not finishing them.  Usually its because I find other things I want to work on, and then the original project (or two) take a back seat and eventually the new project will be found sitting back there with the others.  I have so many projects I want to finish and so, so many I want to start, but I have to restrain myself from beginning them because of the all of the other unfinished projects.  One of the oldest projects that has been sitting on the shelf is a sweater I started two years ago. 


Ye ol' dish towel

Another one of those long lasting projects would seem to be a simple project, but for me its more like on of those never ending projects.  A dishtowel.  OK, after you stop laughing because of the simplicity of the project and my lack of ability to pay attention to it; you will understand that the ADD has a tendency to rear its nasty little head when it sees something pretty and shiny over there.  I do have to admit that this one kind of hurts my hands to work with.  I don't know if its the yarn or because I knit so tightly sometimes, but whatever the reason I can only work on it for a short amount of time.
    

Also, baby items will take my attention away from projects I have started very quickly.  I like making baby stuff because it is so much fun to work on.  My friends are starting to become grandmothers, so I try to make things for them (try being the operative word) when I have the time to.  We also have friends who are young still and are becoming parents and, I try to make items for them as well.  Sometimes my plans don't pan out.  I will scour the net for patterns then something will get in the way, usually life will happen and I won't have time to work on anything.  Work and school pretty much keep me really busy some times to busy to do anything else.                                     


Stack o' washcloths

I can; however, make these washcloths when I'm working.  They require little thought and are a great stash busting item.  I have tons of cotton yarn that I make the backpacks from, so when I'm done with the backpack I use the remainder to make washcloths.  Nothing spectacular just something to keep my hands busy and make me feel like I'm being productive.  









And then there's the whole procrastination of doing homework and my crochet or knitting takes its place.  This morning, I was suppose to be doing my Legal homework but as you can see coffee and crochet was the morning                                      

No comments: