Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dreams of Italy

I was perusing a friends FB page one day and noticed that this friend had the most wonderful opportunity to visit Italy.  I have to say I'm so jealous, so very jealous.  I want to go to Italy, but so far haven't had opportunity or the moolah, money, dinero, euros, you get the point, to go.  I want to walk where it was said that all roads end in Rome and visit the Colosseum where many a gladiator lost their lives.  I want to walk the streets that Paul walked and see the Roman baths.  I want to see the ruins of Pompeii and all the wonderful statues.  I want to taste the wine till I can't stand up and taste the real Italian food till I can't walk.  I love the book, "Under The Tuscan Sun," and I love the movie too, but mostly I love the book.  Francis Mays has it made as far as I concerned.  She and her husband purchased a beautiful old villa in Tuscany and have made it their own.  At the time of the writing, they were going back and forth from their home in California; I'm not sure if they are still doing that.  They grow olives and sell the oil. One day I'm actually going to commit to purchasing some; its a bit pricey, but I'm positive it is worth every penny. 
One day I'm going to visit Italy and I"m going to savor every moment.  I'm going to walk the streets and memorize every aspect, so I never forget.  I want to smell the smells, taste everything, and meet the people.  One day. 

No comments: